Official presentation of the Exergoecology Portal at ECOS 2006
Dear colleagues, dear friends,
We are pleased to inform you that the free web space "the Exergoecology Portal", which was officially presented at ECOS 2006, is available under the following internet address:
For those who could not attend the presentation, here is a short description of it.It is the first scientific portal devoted to the novel discipline
- "Exergoecology", which studies the link between exergy and the natural environment.
- It has been developed by CIRCE in Spain (prof. Antonio Valero + team) with the collaboration of ITC Poland (Prof. Jan Szargut + team).
- It contains descriptions of the main theories developed in the exergoecology field.
- It contains a bibliography database with all relevant references related to exergy and natural resources, which can be downloaded as a ".bib" file for LaTeX users.
- It contains a chemical exergy calculator that calculates automatically the chemical exergy of any chemical compound, with the help of a comprehensive Gibbs database.
Our hope is that many more people get to know this research field and that other exergy practitioners join us. The portal is thought as a community where each member can share its ideas on that subject. Its hierarchical structure of publishing rights, allows the publication of quality studies, which can be discussed by all users in the community. This way, the exchange of ideas and knowledge can be disseminated in a much more effective and faster way.
If you want to be a member just fill the registration form included in the portal.
We hope to see you soon under: www.exergoecology.com
Last modified 2006-07-26 11:04 AM